Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ranger Eggs

Ranger has a fun challenge on their blog! Decorate eggs in any of their four signature designers, Tim Holtz, Dina Wakley, Dyan Reaveley and Wendy Vecchi's, style and download pics and be eligible for prizes! I picked up some plastic eggs at the Dollar Store and have had a couple of creative days. 

My first one is Tim Holtz inspired. After all, I JUST took a class with him at the fabulous Whim So Doodle! I started with a piece of his linen textile and applied Texture Paste thru the Speckles stencil all over the fabric trying to mimic the candy Robin's eggs. Once dry, I applied various colors of Distress Crayons and smudged with my finger. I need to be less aggressive with smudging with my finger on a bumpy surface like Texture Paste though, since I caused a blister to rise on said finger!! Once this was complete, I covered the egg with the fabric. The I used some of the Lace Trimmings and colored some Crinkle ribbon with Distress Stains. Once that was dry, I fashioned it into a bow and attached it to the top of my egg. Then I went through my Idea-Ology stash and added a few hanging trinkets to finish off the egg.

Second up is an egg in the style of Dina Wakely. I used her heavy body acrylic paints to paint the egg. Then I applied more paint thru her leaves stencil and also added some paint cap circles. I painted one of her Scribbly Birds with her heavy body acrylic and added it to the egg. 





 

2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How fun!!! I didn't know Ranger was doing a challenge. I LOVE that, and have my own egg coming up tomorrow. LOVE the bird!

Anonymous said...

How "tweet" is that bird?! :) I love the crinkly ribbon on the "Tim" egg and all those luscious colors! I haven't tried the crayons yet, but I'm inspired!