Sunday, January 18, 2015

Compendium of Curiosities III-Distress Watercoloring Part 2

January's not even over and the year is already flying past! Can't believe it's been two weeks since the last CofC challenge!

This time over at Linda's we are watercoloring and you really need to go see what the Curiosity Crew has done with this challenge! Yep! We've gone back to our kindergarten days and are coloring. But with Distress! And you know by now that I can't tell you HOW we do it. You gotta go to Tim's and get your own copy of his fabulous book so you too can do these wonderful techniques! Speaking of Tim, he and Mario have put together a wonderful gift box for one lucky player. And The Funkie Junkie is providing a shopping spree for another lucky player.

I decided to do Valentine's Day with some traditional and non-traditional colors. And with CHA happening last week and all of the Ranger designers in the house at the Convention Center in Aneheim, CA, I decided to pay homage to all with this challenge. So there is a little of Dina, Dyan, Tim and Wendy (in alphabetical order!) on my tag. I used Dyan's Spray Inks for my base. Then I used some Wendy Translucent Embossing Paste thru Tim's Hearts stencil. Dina's Collaged Hearts stamps using the  Distress watercolor technique and a rogue,  Roc Nicholas Stacked Love stamp also done in the Distress watercolor technique. A few Chit-Chat stickers (highlighted with Diamond Stickles!), an enameled tag with remnant rubs (I "borrowed" Candy's technique and scratched away some of the parts of the remnant rubs before I rubbed them on the enameled tag) and some black Fude Ball highlighting around the hearts complete my tag.




8 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

Gorgeous Sue, I love how you used your rubber stamps! :)

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Beautiful tag, Sue. I love your grungy bright colors and your watercolor technique is very effective. Happy hearts to you!!

Candy C said...

Sue...your tag is very cool! Love the watercolor technique you used on this! I also love the non traditional Valentine colors. Don't you love that scratch technique on rub ons that Seth taught? Such a simple yet pretty creative way to change the look of your rub ons. Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You rock Sue!!! LOVE your non-traditional tag, the bold colors, the use of so many goodies, the words, the design! Great technique use too. Thanks so much for watercoloring with us this fortnight at CC3Challenge!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

A true homage to our fave Ranger designers... gorgeous colours... Thanks for joining in with the CC3C x

Marjie Kemper said...

I love your non-traditional tag, Sue. Such bold colors! Thanks for joining us at CC3C.

Annette Green said...

This tag is SO COOL, Sue. I love the non-traditional colors, of course, and your choice of stamp images. I also love how your paid homage to those fab designers in your tag. Great use of techniques you've garnered along your creative journey!

Larimore2 said...

Your project colors actually caught my eye...and then my eyes were further pleased to see the rest!!! Very LOVELY!!! PS- We spend quite a bit of our yr traveling bk & forth to DeFuniak Springs, Fla. ;)