Saturday, June 14, 2014

ICAD 14

ICAD=Index Card A Day

I followed a link yesterday and found this blog post about creating art on a 3 x 5 index card every day for 61 days. It started June 1, but you can join any time with no pressure to go back and  "get caught up." It runs through July 31. And there is also no pressure to do one every day. If life gets in the way, as ours has been here lately, you don't have to worry. There are prompts for you to use, or not. It's all up to you. It's meant to take you out of your comfort zone and not think about what the final outcome will be. Since it's on 3 x 5 cards, it's also meant to be loose and free. 

So this is my first index card. I did use one of the prompts for today, which was numbers. I layered a bunch of stencils with various inks and made a little tag with a scrap of Tim Holtz fabric and some Phoomph  in between the tag and fabric to give it a quilted feel. Then I hand stitched some "X's" to mimic quilting. I found a quote online that describes me and numbers to a "T!" "I disliked numbers, and they didn't think much of me either." R. J. Anderson

And there you have it. My first Index Card A Day!

 

No comments: