Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tablet Cover

John and I each have an Android Tablet. Apparently if you buy Andriod, you are only allowed ONE type of cover. Black, black or black. Same style made by the same company and the salespeople tell us there are no further choices coming in the forseeable future. So we were always getting our tablets confused. I'd pick up his, he'd pick up mine. You get the idea. What's a girl to do? I thought about blinging mine out, but I'm not a huge bling fan. Plus, how do you make it "stick?!"

Tim Holtz to the rescue! He introduced a new fabric line at Summer CHA and it recently shipped. The fabrics are based on his paper lines with clocks and gears and measurements and travel. You get the idea. Once Whim So Doodle announced they had the fabric in stock, I had to go get me some. I got 6 different patterns and my first order of business was to "Holtz-ify" me a tablet cover. I did a simple quilt square pattern with the raw edges to the outside. I wanted it to have some texture and interest. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I added a few buttons here and there for a little added interest.

original black cover

front of tablet

back of tablet

tablet open

1 comment:

Debbie DP said...

OMG I love this cover. Now that is creative. Evan loves it too. Is that butterflies I see????This is a work of art. You can take that tablet everywhere and it will be unique.