Monday, December 3, 2012

Dec 12 tags of 2012

When was the last time I posted two days in a row?! Long time, that's for sure!

Tim has given us two tags to work on for Dec. You can see his fabulous examples here.

For my first one, I chose to use the Blueprint Christmas Toy Soldier that I think looks more like a Nutcracker! I used Victorian Velvet and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains to color my tag and once it was dry, I used the snowflake stamps from the Mini Holidays set and dipped them in Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and stamped them randomly on my tag. I colored the Toy Soldier using my Distress Pens and a waterbrush. I cut out Ornate Plate using the mirror paper and attached a ribbon and some holly. I've got lots of Christmas stuff in my stash and that's where the ribbons, holly and rub-on word came from. Nice to be using up some of it!

I'll be back later in the week with tag two. Don't want y'all getting used to me blogging every day!!



2 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job! The mirror paper is fabulous.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How cool is that mirror shape??? Wonderful! Love your pinkish soldier too...fab! Great take!