Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vintage

It's time for the 12 tags of 2012, the June edition, over on t!m's blog. This month it's all about colorizing a black and white photo with Distress Inks and nibs. I had some vintage-y looking images that I got from Red Lead so I decided to use them. The ladies in their high necked, long dresses remind me of some early pictures of my ancestors when they first came to Florida to settle this mosquito infested land! I can't imagine having to wear all of those clothes with no air conditioning!

I used the delicious pallete of Spring Limited Edition Distress Inks to color the blouses and Rusty Hinge to color the drapes. t!m used Antique Linen to color the bulk of his photo with, but since I don't have Antique Linen, I used Milled Lavender instead and I kinda like the look. The "diamond" bauble is one from my stash that was in with the buttons that I got from my mom's friend Ruth.



6 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job on he tag.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantastic Sue...I love the background and that image is fab...nicely colored!

Tamara said...

nice tag you made Sue.

Debbie DP said...

there is an amazing amount of detail on your tag. love the baubble, flower, ribbon, photo coloring well just all of it.

Nancy Zunic said...

Love your tag Sue! Nice job!

Kate Yetter said...

I love the image you chose. And those colors are just fab! Very nice tag!
Kate