Monday, June 18, 2012

It's a guy thing!

I decided I needed to get back to scrapping those pics of John's we found when we were cleaning closets before the holidays last year. This is the first, in what I hope will be many more to come!

John thinks he was 4 or 5 in these pics. He got to go spend a couple of weeks with his dad's folks in PA and Grandfather started teaching him about guns. He said he remembers the shotgun knocking him out of the back tof the truck when it went off. AND he missed the turkey he was shooting at!

The background cs is Creative Impressions and it has a resist on it, so I used my Vintage Photo Distress Ink and covered it. The circles cs is from the CTMH Dotty For You collection. I used a now retired CTMH stamp set called Stitched Together for the faux stitching around the edge of the circle cs and the stars. The conchos are long retired from CTMH. So I'm using some of my HOARDED (Anna!) stash!!! I think it still needs something under the "guys" title, which is CTMH retired Irresistables Eclectic Alphabet, so I'm thinking I may journal a bit about John's memory of getting knocked out of the truck. And he also proudly told me that he has that gun that is in the pictures. It was given to him after his Grandfather passed away.



1 comment:

Debbie DP said...

I love it. Great job. Memories are so important and so are the toys.