Friday, June 22, 2012

Gettin Inky with Dina Wakley

I had the BEST time Wednesday night at Whim So Doodle in St Pete. Got to meet and get inkified with Dina Wakley. She is just awesome! We got Dylusional and made a mini album in the style of Dyan Reaveley with some of Dina's own charm and style thrown in. We sprayed and splattered and gesso'd and modeling pasted and stenciled and stamped and fussy cut and had a glorious time. Course I don't think any of the students finished up their albums, but we all had fun.

 Plain tags. First one is acrylic crayon resist, middle is Modeling Paste, third is Gesso. Ready for inky goodness!
 Dina works her magic!
 Inked tags, ready to go
 This will be the tag book.
 Front cover
 Side one of the first tag
 Left side first page
 side two of first tag
 Right side first page
 side one second tag. Image, "Lonely Girl" by Dina Wakley
 left side third page
 side two second tag
 right side fourth page
 first side third tag. And it's hard to see, but I hand wrote "is in everyone" underneath the word "art."
 left side fifth page
 side two third tag. Bottom flower is the "kitchen roll" as Dyan calls them (paper towels to us Stateside peeps!) I took the sheets from the roll I used and stamped flowers directly on it and cut out. Love the diverse colors!
 right side sixth page
 side one fourth tag. I LOVE this one! I cut the hat off the girl and gave her a "tiara" from a different stamp set and a pair of Wellies for her "sparkly" shoes done with Xmas Red Stickles and Black Enamel Accents.
 Last (back) page
 Side two fourth tag. Stop. Look. Remember. Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas along the right hand side. Sprayed with Cut Grass Dylusions Spray Ink and stamped with an On The Edge stamp.
Dina and I in our inky gloriousness after class!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Your book is SOOOO cool! It turned out great. Awesome to meet you and art with you!

Dylan said...

hey that is so fabulous. Well done you. Mwah x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What did I tell you??? I knew you would just love it! I love seeing what you did...yummy hand dirtying fun!!!!