Saturday, June 9, 2012

1 Love

Week 9 of Compendium of Curiosities II at Linda's, based as always, on the wonderful mind of t!m. This week our sponsor is Simon Says and one lucky player will recieve a $25 gift certificate!

This week we are delving into t!m's pocket watch, which is found on page 35 if you're playing along. I had all sorts of ideas and all kinds of things laid out on my table prepped and ready to go into my watch. Lets face it, I had enough stuff to do FIVE watches!! It's a pocket watch, not a jumbo tag!!! So it ended being 1 Love. I used some of t!m's new tiny numbers and his new muse words.I used some tissue paper and crumpled it as I covered the number 1 and let it dry, then tore the paper so I'd have some jagged edges and used my Vintage Photo Distress ink on the edges.  I used my Snow Cap Paint Dabber to highlight the "love" and used my Barn Red Distress Marker to go around both since the heart I had painted and enameled was too big to go in the watch, I thought it needed juuuust a bit of red coloring in there somewhere! Pretty simple, but I like it! This will be my Father's Day gift to John.

5 comments:

jeanne said...

he's going to love it!!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

That #1 is #1!!! Fabulous idea! This is so cool...he will totally love it!!!

EmeralDQueen said...

I think he would like it very much :)

Debbie DP said...

very nice. love it.

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a beautiful use of the pocket watch and those fabulous little numbers! Beautiful work, Sue! I bet your lucky husband will LOVE it!!!