Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Zentangle

I discovered a new (to me) art form called Zentangle. (I'll wait while you go and Google it!) :::taps fingers on desk::: Oh good, you're back! I'm newly in love! Been making all sorts of 3 x 3 squares with various designs in black and white. It's theraputic in a way. Come up with a design and color part of it in black, leaving the rest white. Or you can use a color. That's gonna be my next experiment.

Working in my journal, I used Dylusions Spray Inks in London Blue and Fresh Lime. Then I used Dyan's Diamond Of A Border stencil and sprayed water thru it to lighten different areas of where I had applied color. Then went in with stamps from Around The Edge (the vine) and Bits Of This  (the insects) and stamped them in Black Archival. Finally,  I added my fern-y looking Zentangle and a couple of pieces of t!m's tissue tape.


2 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Very cool Sue! I love the vibrancy of those colours together, I like Zentangles, yours makes a great focal piece for the page. I love the way you used the tissue tape too!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Seriously...ultra cool! Love your tangle, and I have loved Zentangle for 2 years now...so relaxing. Your colors and stamping are awesome...this is a real beauty!