Saturday, April 28, 2012

Marble Staining

Linda's challenge for week 3 of Compendium of Curiosities II by t!m Holtz is being sponsored this week by Eclectic paperie. Our challenge this week is on page 46 and you can purchase the book from
tim's website from the link above. Again, I won't be sharing the technique out of respect for t!m.

This is called Marbeled Staining and I used Victorian Velvet, Dried Marigold and Broken China Distress Stains in addition to Picket Fence. Once I had dried the stains, I hit it with a couple of t!m's stamps from the Mixed Media set and added some of my own doodling around the chicken wire. I used my mannequin die and added a set of Grungeboard wings that I used both gold and silver Paint Dabbers on then sanded a bit to show the wear and tear wings get from use! I also found a crown and painted it gold and added some green and blue gems from my stash. The pin is also from my stash and I added some white and blue seed beads to it.



13 comments:

Kirstin said...

What a great tag! I love the wings on the dress form! (have to steal that idea!). Your doodles on the chicken wire was the perfect touch :)

Helen said...

I love this tag!!! The use of the dress form is fab, wish I'd had it first!

Nancy Zunic said...

Ahhhh! I love the wings on the dress form ...and the crown! Very original. Very Tim!

Nancy Zunic said...

Ahhh! I love the wings on the dress
form...and the crown! Very original!...Very Tim!

Nancy Zunic said...

Ahhhh! I love the wings on the dress form ...and the crown! Very original. Very Tim!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is beautiful! Love the bit of doodling around the chicken wire and the way you've outlined the dress form. Great tag!

Carol said...

Great tag!!! Love the colors on the dress form along with all your embellished details.

anna christensen crafts said...

Hard wearing wings - glorious. I think this tag is awesome! I love the background that you have created, the colour scheme is gorgeous and as ever, you add all those perfect little details. I love the crown and the cotton reel looks wonderful with the bead detail. I think Tim would love this one Sue xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Sue, it's fabulous! I agree with Nancy- it's very "Tim," and a tag to be proud of. You rocked the Marbled Stains technique!!!

Ann said...

Fantastic tag - I just love everything about it!!
Ann-R x

Antje said...

What a great tag you made !! Found you in the list of all entries and needed to come and visit your blog...
Stunning work,
Greetings from Norway, Antje

Sue West said...

What a fantastic tag, love the colours and those wings look great with the dress form.
Sue :)

Anonymous said...

Totally fabulous tag!