Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Leap

This weeks challenge at OCC is all about green and Spring.

My project has a double meaning today. The frogs are returning to our outside pond and I hear the males at night croaking their love songs trying to attract the females. And when go out to feed the Shebukin fish (like giant goldfish, but smaller than Koi) they LEAP off the rocks around the edge of the pond into the pond.

In addition, this is the final page in my "original" art journal. It is time for me to LEAP into a real designated journal and continue to spread my wings even further.

For this final page, I used a page from an old dictionary and used mini misters with CTMH Create A Shade Pearl paint and CTMH re-inkers in Sweet Leaf, Garden Green and Topiary and sprayed the page. Then I used (retired) CTMH Frogs and Friends stamp set and stamped three frogs in the same colors I used on the dictionary page, fussy cut them out and applied some Stickles and a Googly eye to each. Hand doodled the word leap and used my black Faber Castell and Sharpie White Paint pen to color it in. Once I applied the frogs, I outlined them with my Faber Castell pen to make them pop off the page a bit more.



5 comments:

Kristin said...

What great techniques! I love those frogs and the text paper in the background. Really neat effects everywhere on this! Thanks for starting your spring this week at the OCC!

Meihsia Liu said...

That is really creative way to make the background and the result is so beautiful. Love the cute frogs too. Thank you for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Sue (great name)
I love that you have entered this off the page(sic)creation into our OCC Challenge this week, how unique but symbolic that you chose frogs to interpret the beginning of Spring.
the Bg is perfect for the delightful frogs to jump from, it creates the feeling of so much movement, I am very impressed with this piece of Art. Thank you so very much for entering, we are so pleased to see your work. Please join us again.
Smiles:)

Debbie DP said...

love the journal page. The frog is great. What great details

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love that you used dictionary pages for this...so cool! I love the frog with the red eye...great detail! Beautiful greens here! Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week again!!!