Saturday, April 21, 2012

CofCII week 2

Linda has challenged us this week with the Faux Patina technique in t!m's new book Compendium of Curiosities II. This challenge is located on page 58 and can be purchased from his website. Again, I cannot go into details of the technique out of respect for t!m.

I decided to make myself some wearable art! I used a wooden piece that I picked up somewhere in my crafty travels and also one of t!m's metal birds. Once I had completed the technique on the bird, I hit it with my sanding block very lightly on the edges of the wings so the metal would come thru.  I strung a piece of ball chain thru the wood piece and now have a lovely (I think!) necklace to wear.



13 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Sue, this is officially my favourite thing you've created! You have made something that is both gorgeous and really fashionable. A brilliant entry for the challenge xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

SSSUUUEEEE!!! Holy cow wow, or should I say How cluck'n chick'ns!!!This is so awesome! I have to agree with Anna!!! WOW!!!

Kirstin said...

I love how creative this is!! I would have never thought to try this on wood too! Wonderful piece!!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Sue! WOW!!! What a sensational piece of art jewelry this is. I'm with Kristin-- it wouldn't have occurred to me to use wood, and now I have to try it because it looks amazing. Wear this proudly-- it's fabulous!

Debbie DP said...

Oh I just love it. That is so cute. So beautiful

Shelann said...

Very pretty, the colors look great with the subject.

Marjie Kemper said...

How flipping cool, Sue!

craftytrog said...

Really beautiful, I love your pendant Sue! xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous piece, love the colors!

Maria said...

This is way too cool, Sue! You could charge some serious bucks for this!! Love it and well done on the faux patina technique! :)

Liane said...

That's neat. I keep thinking it would be neat to do something like that, and sell them at gift shops to benefit some type of charity......

Terry said...

This is gorgeous! Love the necklace! You reminded me that I believe I have that wooden piece!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Wear it with pride.