Saturday, March 24, 2012

Journey

I've had this idea in my head since before I ordered my newest Dyan stamps and when they finally arrived last week, I was so entrenched in the t!m classes that I couldn't wait til the weekend so I would have a chance to work on my Art Journal and get. the. idea. out. of. my. head! It was driving me crazy! Friend Anita had stamped and sent me some images of her Pondering Petunia stamp set, so I had them to play with as well. So again, I am mixing up stamp sets and products in my mixed media art. There's the doily stencil from Christy Tomlinson's SheArt collection, two different Dyan stamp sets in Pondering Petunia and Ruby Rainbow, t!m's mixed media stamp set, Lily Bee papers that were left over from the canvas book class I took at Posh Scraps and some really funky new felt ribbon I found at World Market over in Daytona Beach when we were over there a couple of weeks ago. The instant I saw it, I knew I had to have it for "hair" for the Dyan girls!!

I started with mini misters and CTMH re-inkers in Ocean, Sunflower and Orchid Bouquet. I wet my white cs and sprayed it with the mini misters and dried it. Then I mixed up some CTMH Sweet Leaf re-inker with some molding paste and using the stencil, added it for texture and dried it with the heat gun because I  am impatient! (I may have mentioned that a time or twelve!) Then stamped the various mixed media stamps and did a bit of coloring in and adding some diamond dots (I think that's what they're called!) around for more visual interest. Once that was done, I applied Perfect Pearls mist over everything for some shimmer and shine. Stamped my images and used my PrismaColor pencils, odorless mineral spirits and a stub to color them. Applied Stickles to the wings and boots and waited for.ever for it to dry! The hands, eyes and frog images are some from Anita's Pondering Petunia set that she sent and I simply sprayed them with the mini misters.







1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You do this so well...I'm in awe! I just keep looking at mine and looking but nothing pops into my head! Will you come over and help me? Together we can create a masterpiece!!! LOL!!! Wish you were around the corner!