Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peachaliciousness

Decided to pull out our LOUD ice cream freezer yesterday and make some fresh homemade peach ice cream. We used to make ice cream all the time when I was growing up and I swear that our ice cream freezer was no where near as loud as our machine is now. So loud that the catz decided it was safer under the bed than on top of it. So loud that John abandoned the La-Z-Boy for the couch which is closer to the TeeVee! And I had to do two batches because the starter makes enough for a half gallon but my cannister only holds a quart at a time. And in ice cream making, what's the point of going thru all the trouble for a measly quart?! And it takes about 30-40 minutes for freeze one batch, so it was a LOUD almost 2 hours here! But the end result is just heads and tails over what you get at the grocery store! John has already put in a request that next time, he wants ginger ice cream. I can do that!! 

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Slurp!!!! Drool.