Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Although I have no pictures because the photographer of the family (that'd be me!) forgot her camera, I can attest to the fact that there was wayyyyyyy too much food! Youngest sis Jan's Brother in law and his significant other bought a home this past year and they wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner at their place. And they invited OUR family too! Kathy, Bruce and Kyle had Bruce's dad and step mom here from Atlanta and mom had made other plans, so it was just John and I and the PopPop clan. There was probably 20ish or so of us. Jenn and Jim had TWO turkeys and a roaster chicken that never even got close to a knife PLUS a Honey Baked Ham. Two ginormous crockpots of smashed taters, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and my World Famous soy sauce and lemon juice marinated green beans with sesame seeds, Tastefully Simple beer bread and three other types of rolls, corn pudding, whole kernal corn, stuffing, TWO veggie trays, a cheese tray, a melon/grape/berry tray all with accompanying dips, deviled eggs which the kids polished off in 12 seconds flat! (and I DO mean the kids. Not one single person over the age of 16 got a single one!) They had 5 types of Village Inn pies, plus Jim's oldest daughter baked and decorated a chocolate cake and I made a Cinnamon Chip Banana Coffee Cake and there was ice cream and/or whipped cream to go on/with the desserts. OMG! I thought I saw the Partridge in the Pear Tree running for dear life, but I could have been mistaken! Instead of saying Grace, we went around the room and each told what we were thankful for. Gotta love the kids! One of the nieces was thankful for her IPhone! Joy was thankful for the Beach and Jake was thankful for the Earth. Not too shabby! We ate til we could eat no more. I was miserable and I never even had the first bite of dessert. We all got "go boxes" and I think Jim and Jenn still may not have to cook til mid March of 2011! It was a wonderful afternoon and evening. Family and friends and being thankful to have both. Isn't that what it's all about?

No comments: