Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Swap Cards











With the introduction to Consultants of a new Idea Book, it's also time for Favorite 3rd Upline Susan's team swap. I decided to do THREE rounds in this one because we've got Christmas stamps and papers in this book, so why not do a round of Christmas cards in addition to my "normal" two rounds of everyday cards?!

For the Christmas card, I used new Mistletoe paper pack. CTMH moved back to a more traditional color pallet this year with Cranberry, New England Ivy, Chocolate and Garden Green. I used a non-traditional stamp set called Harmony. I LOVED this cardinal from my first glance thru the book and knew I had to have the set! There's some Create A Shade paint colored with Cranberry ReInker to color the holly berries. I used Wishes-Pieced Together for the template.

Second is Magnifique paper pack. This one uses three of our new colors, Pacifica, Lagoon, Sky and Chocolate. I used the Workshop On The Go guide for this layout. John picked his favorite of the three card designs from the WOTG and that's what I used. This one also uses our new Licorice Opaques and Sparkles-Blue and Green for the flower centers. The butterfly was made with a flower stamp that is then cut apart and a photo clip is used for the body.

Last, but in no way least is Hooligans! Our bright, colorful funky and fun Halloween paper. It uses four of the new colors; Gypsy, Lagoon, Pear and Sunset. The little felt fellows are a Level 2 add on. You get 6 adhesive backed Hooligans for $4.95! The card is a Pop-Up Slider card.

1 comment:

Debbie DP said...

I love all three cards but the cardinal is my favorite. Love the scored lines