Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My new favorite appliance




We bought a new refrigerator. The old one was 15+ years old. It came with the house. It was time to retire it to the garage and put the one that was in the garage that we got from Grumpz and Groovy 100 years ago to it's final rest. The model we ended up with was a return. The guy who special ordered it measured wrong and it wouldn't fit in his space. So we got a GREAT deal on it. And it just barely fit in ours! The delivery guys ended up having to put straps on it and LIFT that heavy bugger over our kitchen counter/breakfast bar area because it was too wide to fit thru. We gave them a nice tip, plus a drink to take with them and a Good Humor Nutty Buddy bar besides for their troubles.

I just have to see if I can program the door to fold my laundry! If I can do that, I'd be set for life!!

2 comments:

jeanne said...

Woot, Woot, Woot!!!! You're going to love it. We got a dutch door two years ago and it's great for holding platters during the holidays. But, sigh, ours does not have the water on the outside.

Liane said...

I love my dutch doors too! It rocks!