Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tea Pocket Card







I saw something similar on the Hero Arts blog and decided I'd give it a try! I always like to do a little giftie for the ladies at Jan and John's for Christmas. I usually do cello bags of candy, so I decided to mix things up a bit for Christmas! These went together in a snap. I random stamped using the new Cherished Flourishes stamp set, cardstock with Chocolate, Baby Pink, Heavenly Blue and Vineyard Berry. Then I used the blue B&T from the new CTMH Topstitch paper pack along with the floral strip B&T for some contrast. The sentiment is also new, called State of Mind! It is a set of nine different words with the definition of them. Words like Favorite, Happiness, Joyful. I think this will become a "go to" set for me! I left the top edge of the blue B&T loose so that I could slip a couple of tea bags in and I have some pretty simple but nice gifties for the ladies!

Edited to add:

I ordered a new toy! An I Top brad maker. I've been thinking for a long time how cool it would be to be able to make my own brads and naturally someone else came up with the same idea, but acted on it! I love this thing! You use coordinating papers, lace, fabric, whatever you can dream up and make your own brad. So I added a brad to each of the tea pocket cards I made earlier this week. I think this could become a new addiction for me! And yes, the tea bags changed! I've been looking for the new Twinnings Lady Grey tea bags since I saw them advertised in a magazine. My grocery store finally had them in stock, so I bought them to go in the pockets instead. The tea is very nice. Light, with a hint of orange and lemon. I like it very much.

2 comments:

Debbie DP said...

This is really cute

Liane said...

Lovely card! Nice sentiment too!