Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm still here!

Still having pain and swelling issues with my mouth. Maybe the Perio knew what he was talking about when he said it would take the full four months for me to heal. Hmmmmm!! Just yesterday John and I noticed I was all brusied and swollen under my left eye again.. Seems a bit better this morning.

John's on vaca this week. And this is the vacation that we do the "honey-do's" around the house that we never have time to get to when he's working. So we've cleaned the flower beds around the house and trimmed back all of the stuff around the house. (Trash men LOVED us yesterday!) We started painting the exterior of the house yesterday but the remenent rains from Tropical Storm Ida drove us inside. It's cloudy today, but no painting since John needed to go to his folks and check on them. Mother-in-law is doing better now that she's back home, but John wants to keep a very close eye on them. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us and we can get the painting finished up tomorrow. I'll post pics once it's done!

I posted a while ago about my Double second cousin, Nona. http://sue-thislife.blogspot.com/2009/09/from-heart.html I'm sad to say that she lost her battle this past Saturday, Nov 7, 2009. She was a class act. A true Southern Belle in every sense of the word. She will be very much missed. Not only by her family, but many in the community that loved her. Rest in Peace, Nona.

2 comments:

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

I was thinking about you today. Sorry you're still in pain. (((Sue)))

jeanne said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Ouch!!! Very sorry to hear about Nona. Prayers for all.

Loved the story of the double second cousins . . . not sure how I missed it the first time.