Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks


We had a wonderful day at sister Jan's yesterday. In addition to both of my sisters and their families and my mom, we had 3/4's of bil John's family as well as sister Kathy's mother and father in law. Not that there was any worry that there wouldn't be enough food! But of course I had to be my smart @ss self and tell Kathy's in laws that I really wish they'd pick up a bucket of chicken or a pizza next time before they came!

We had turkey AND ham, garlic mashed taters with eleventy billion kinds of cheese in it. I was assured that all calories had been removed! There was Mom's Famous Squash Casserole (she didn't make it one year and bil John informed her that if she didn't make it in the future, not to bother to come! It's her "pass go" card!), cranberry relish, my Famous lemon juice and soy sauce marinated asparagus, baked pineapple "stuff" (cuz I can never remember what it's REALLY called!) corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, three types of bread/rolls, tossed salad (because Kathy thought we might not have enough food otherwise!), stuffing. There's more, but I don't remember and I have no pictures to guide me because somebody (read ME) forgot to take her camera. @@ There was apple pan dowdy (like an apple crumb cake for you Yankees!) made by Kathy and I made a Peanut Butter & Chocolate pie for dessert. There was much moaning and groaning and belt-letting-out after we ate and most were looking for a quiet place to sit and digest. But with our rowdy crew, there's not much chance in that! You are quickly found and picked on by others around you. But isn't that what being with family's all about?!

So this morning, I needed a couple of quick Thank You cards. I pulled out the Felicity paper pack and stamp set once again to do these cards. I also shamelessly lifted the card idea pretty much lock, stock and barrel from CTMH Wishes Idea Book and is called Simple Statements.

No comments: