Saturday, October 24, 2009

CardPatterns challenge


Yes, it's been a while. Still pretty sore from my periodontal surgery last week. The "play dough snake" is gone and in it's place is exposed nerves that hurt like a.......well, never mind! It hurts 24/7. Something I'm gonna have to get used to because the Perio says that due to the extensive damage it's probably going to take me a good 4 months to heal completely. I've been having some problems with the up close and personal work required to craft, so posts may be few and far between for a while.

On the good news front...we brought my mother in law home from the Rehab Center late yesterday. While she is not 100% (and probably never will be again), she wanted to go home. And the therapies they were doing at the Center can be done with home care nurses. So that's the path she chose. And we have to abide by that.

And that brings us to today's challenge. She needed a couple of Thank You cards to send to her "favorite" nurses and of course she asked me to make them! Who am I to tell her no?! This card uses CTMH Twitterpated pp, Thank You and Grown With Love stamp sets. There are buttons from the CTMH Basic Buttons collection as well as Crystal Blue and Colonial White Waxy Flax. CTMH Dimensional Elements-Organic and Sorbet brads and hemp. The tree and sentiment are pop-dotted for added visual effect. I hope Nurse Teresa likes it!

3 comments:

Debbie DP said...

love the card. I really need to stop being sick and craft something

jeanne said...

adorable

Kathy said...

Really cool interpretation of the sketch. Love that tree!
http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/