Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Painting







Or as it will henceforth be known...PAINting. I decided that after 14 years of white on white on white walls, that I was going to bring some color into our lives! John wants white walls. No wallpaper, no color. If we want to get bold and extravagant, we paint eggshell or off-white. Where's the fun in that?! So I told him I would PAINt, but I was putting what I wanted on the walls! Our bedroom is now a Caribbean-y Blue and the living room is a Sage-y Green. But I paid a price! I have some residual nerve damage to my right arm from my car accident 4 years ago. It's nerve damage. Not a whole lot they can do for it. I had a few acupuncture treatments and they helped, but I still have some problems with it. Pain, numbness, blah, blah. I deal with it. Well, since it's my right arm and I'm right handed, I really gave it a workout. And I ended up in quite a bit of pain. And on the last day of PAINting the living room, I did something to my right side lower back/side. Still haven't quite figured out exactly what, but it put me out of commission for 4 days. Couldn't do a dad-burned thing. I sat with the heating pad and/or TENS Unit on it trying to get the muskles (nods to Popeye!) to relax. I am finally able to move around with a bit more ease today, but the pain is by no means gone. But life goes on! Next will be the front entry/dining room and kitchen. But I've cried "Uncle" and John will do the rolling and I'll cut in. I hate rolling anyway!

Here's a before of the living room and an after, along with an after of the bedroom. And the before shot of the living room, that's wisteria that I stenciled on the walls for a pop of color! Now that John's had some time to adjust to the color (he kept saying it was "dark" when I was putting it on. No dear, not dark, just not white!) he says he really likes it and he doesn't know why he fought me for so long about putting color on the walls. Yet another thing I was right about!!!

4 comments:

lovinpaper said...

looks good Sue!! Sorry about your back. Take it easy for awhile. The walls can wait butyour back can't.

Liane said...

Love the walls! How is John feeling about the blue, it is color! Actually I love it, personally. Green is very pretty too!

Debbie DP said...

Well I am a white on white wall person but I love it. That blue is beautiful

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

Of course you were right! They never learn, do they? I'm glad he is now a convert and will do the rolling for you.