Saturday, May 9, 2009

Amy R's challenge


Amy's got a guest designer this week! Tammy Fielder sent her a bunch of sketches a couple of weeks ago when her mojo went AWOL! And Amy liked them so much, that now once a month, Tammy will be a guest designer. Check out Tammy's and Amy's sketch at Prairie Paper & Ink.


I needed a masculine birthday card, so that was the direction I took with this sketch. I used the new CTMH Back Country paper pack, along with CTMH stamp sets Treetops and Happy Birthday. I masked off the trunk of the tree and stamped the top in CTMH Olive and the trunk is Barn red. Small green brads from my stash are in the centers of the swirls on the tree top. I used my Nestabilities Scalloped Circles and pop-dotted the tree on the circles. The Barn Red "brads" I used a hole punch to cut them out of Barn Red cardstock and once they were adhered, used a bit of Glossy Accents on top of them to mimic brads. Love that you can do that and have any color "brad" you want!

4 comments:

iamjaytee said...

Very nice! i love that tree stamp!

Liane said...

One of my favorite new stamps! Love it!

Debbie DP said...

Now I wish I would have purchased that set.

AmyR said...

Cool card! Thanks for playing along! :)