Monday, March 2, 2009

Card Patterns challenge


And with this one I'm up-to-date! Another simple but beautiful sketch this week at CardPatterns. I love how they keep them simple so you can do as much or as little as you want to the sketch.
I saw on the blogosphere recently a card done in white on white on white with the only color being the stamped image. It just looked so clean and elegant to me, I knew I had to try it. And I read so many blogs, I don't remember where I saw it, so if it was on your blog, comment so I know who to give the credit to.


I started with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for the card front. The I used my Fiskars Threading Water punch for the edge detail. Back to the Cuttlebug for the Circles and Scalloped Circles. Then I stamped the bird in CTMH Creme Brulee and Juniper. The wings and tail are pop dotted for dimension. I found some white satin and organza ribbon in my stash to finish it off. Oh, and a black Bitty Brad for her eye and bling on her headfeathers!

6 comments:

Lea said...

you sure did need that white ribbon. nice card

Chris said...

Love it!

whoistracy said...

Sue, this is so simple and elegant. I love it.

Thanks for playing along.

Krista B. said...

Stunning card, I love that little birdie :)

Anonymous said...

What a great job with the sketch! Love all of the embossing - Swiss Dots is one of my faves. Thanks for joining us this week!

Sonya said...

White is one of my favorite colour Sue! Very elegant card, love your take on the sketch.