Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blast from My Past!


I was channel flipping the other day and happened on a show on Food Network about fair food. One of the things they talked about was Pronto Pups. Now I never remember them from the fairs, but I DO remember having them at home. The mix came in a cake box size box. You mixed 2 parts mix to 1 part water, dipped your hot dogs and fried them. And they (in MY opinion!) were sooooooooo much better than corn dogs. I remember eating pronto pups up into my late teens, early twenties when I was in my first apartment. Then the mix disappeared. And I was sad. I consoled myself with the occasional corn dog when we'd go to the fair, but it was never the same. I found out while watching the show that corn dogs are all cooked at the same time and left under a heat lamp til somebody buys them. Pronto pups are cooked when you order them. Which is why they tasted so much better to me! And lo and behold, there is a company in Oregon that sells pronto pup mix! And I ordered some! Smallest amount you can order is a 5 lb bag! I didn't care! Mailman just delivered it. I ordered it on Tuesday. Today is Thursday! How's that for service! I've already got my dinner plans in place for tonight, but tomorrow night...Pronro Pups at Sue & John's! Here's a link if you'd like to order some for yourself! They even have candy and caramel apple making supplies. AND cotton candy making supplies! How cool is that?!

2 comments:

Debbie DP said...

Evan and I are pretty sure if we leave now we can be there in time to eat. What should we bring? Oh I know RAIN.

Chris said...

I'll be placing an order soon. Dang it! You even enable with food.