Saturday, February 28, 2009

OCC challenge


Laurie at Our Creative Corner gave us another fabulous sketch to work with this week.


I'm still loving the CTMH Key To My Heart paper pack. The colors remind me that spring is coming. I've had the house open for the last 4 days and been in shorts! The apple tree is blooming and I saw a fat bumble bee gathering pollen yesterday. I've seen quite a few Cardinals at the feeders and Robins pecking in the grass, looking for that early worm! The hummingbirds shouldn't be too far off. I usually see the first of them around March 15.


Anyway! Back to the card! I used the cupcake in the CTMH Feb promotional stamp set, Good Times, which I then put liquid applique on the "icing" and hit it with my heat gun to make it puff up and I Glossy Accent'd the bottom of the cupcake. The striped paper is on a piece of coaster that I cut out and it's pop-dotted. Circles were cut using my Pinking Nestabilities, and both the circles and the cupcake are also pop-dotted. Sentiment is from CTMH Say It In Style. The paper clip is the CTMH Spring Blossoms Mini Medley. Oh, and 4 pearls at the corners and a piece of lace from my stash!

3 comments:

Simone said...

Hi, Sue, what a fab card! I love the lace!!!
Simone

Liz said...

what a beautiful blog love it

liz

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Sue! I love your little cupcake ~ too cute!