Sunday, November 30, 2008

OCC challenge week 23


Denise at Our Creative Corner challenged us to use snowmen and/or snow in our cards for this week. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen snow in my lifetime! But I've got a crap-load of snow/snowman stamps and only ONE "tropical" stamp set! So I pulled out Snowflake Kisses and Winter Memories stamp sets. I stamped the snowman, then stamped him again and cut him out so I could use him as a mask so I could stamp my snow. Then I went back in with Prisma Glitter, Blue Stickles and Blue Liquid Pearls and dotted the snowflakes here and there. I paper pieced the snowman's scarf. I embossed the three larger snowflakes with Winter Magic...it's got glitter in the embossing powder for one less step! Then I cut them out and added bling to the center of each and pop-dotted them with different heights of pop-dots for some dimension. I used the quilt pattern from Evansong paper pack for my base.

3 comments:

Debbie DP said...

Really cute. Well if you want to see snow I can send ya a picture.

Cindy Haffner said...

So so sweet, thanks for playing.

Liane said...

That is really really darling! TFS!