Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Scenes from a Craft Show




So it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I don't think people "got" the whole coaster hanging concept. They'd ask if it wouldn't ruin the coaster if they put their drink on it. Yes, it's made to be a decoration. To hang on your wall. The shakers were a huge hit. People would walk by, shake them over their friends or hubbys or kids heads and generally buy one. I had a couple of these stolen as well, so they must have been liked. The calendars I had a few office workers buy them to use in gift exchanges. The one thing I was going to do and never got around to doing was ornaments for the Christmas tree. I really thought the hangings would go like gang-busters so was concentrating my efforts on them. I had people all day long both days asking about the coasters with kids names on them for ornaments. Oh well, hindsight's always 20/20! It was a good learning experience for me if nothing else.


1 comment:

Liane said...

Wanted to let you know that now that I have been doing expos for a few years now there is one thing I have learned... you never can tell! Seems as if I am always wrong in my guessing. If I think it will be hot hot hot, it won't. It is sooo hard to decide what people will like, and what to put your time and money into! {{{{{{{Sue}}}}}}}} you'll have a ton of great gifts for a few years to come!